I’m wondering whether technology has signed a hidden agreement to never cease entertaining humanity!From “Oh, I have no idea where I am!” A loop jumps from a basic landline to a sleek, fashionable Smartphone. Phew! What’s the harm? Adding additional charm to the “Surprise list” is a never-ending process! Sure. Technology progresses! One of the most incredible examples is an electric fireplace!
The skill of being both attractive and efficient is something that an electric fireplace excels at. Despite the fact that it does not create as much heat as a regular wood fireplace, it can regain its competitive edge by being energy efficient. In fact, it creates a relaxing atmosphere without being smokey! Smart! Isn’t that so?
Here’s the typical usage of electricity.
An electric fireplace uses just approximately 1,500 Watts of power. The cost of operating an electric fireplace insert for ornamental reasons, such as “No heat” and “Flames only,” is roughly 0.003 to 3 cents per hour.
If you put them to heater power, they can add up to 9 cents per hour to your electricity cost (by turning on and off at different times).
Now, bear in mind that if you wish to set the electric fireplace to its highest degree of heat to keep your space warm, the operational cost will be doubled, i.e. 18 cents per hour.
So, now that you know the precise cost amount, it’s up to you to decide whether or not to be concerned about your power bills!
The electric fireplace has the following features (top pros):
- It adds to the home’s appeal by being elegant and fashionable.
- The contemporary electric fireplace only occupies 6 to 8 inches of space. So, certainly, it saves a lot of space!
- Electric fireplace inserts come in a variety of shapes and sizes, making installation quite simple. So, the ideal one that fits your furniture, such as bookshelves, TV stands, and so on, is totally up to you.
- Is it better to live in a smaller house or an apartment? Don’t be concerned! A little electric fireplace will happily blend in with the warmth and help you by keeping your home warm and brightening the mood.
- Unlike traditional fireplaces, the electric fireplace does not have an actual flame to burn the combustible fuel, allowing it to last longer.
- You can keep swapping rooms because it’s so portable!
- If you live in an apartment or a leased property, an electric fireplace is the ideal option because it does not require any gas lines or chimneys.
- The pricing is just as simple as the installation! Yes, compared to wood or gas fireplaces, the electric fireplace makes it easier to manage the costs.
- They offer you a 0% maintenance cost if you pledge to update their bulbs every 2 years or such!
- Perhaps the list has an “infinite” theme. Let us now turn our attention to the disadvantages of using an electric fireplace.
The disadvantages of an electric fireplace are as follows:
- These are for you if you are a die-hard admirer of the conventional fireplace and the atmosphere it provides. If the ambience isn’t a major factor, the disadvantages may be overlooked.
- The main disadvantage is that the electric fireplace lacks the true, authentic flames. As a result, it is entirely dependent on the individuals’ ability to adapt to the artificial flames.
- You might miss the enjoyable game of rubbing your hands together and feeling the warmth.
- If you live in a region where there are regular power outages, using an electric fireplace is not recommended because they are fully reliant on energy.
- The electric fireplace, on the other hand, is well-known and generally in demand due to its high efficiency, low cost, “electricity” friendly nature, and overall benefits. It all relies on how a person thinks about how to be a “Pro” by disregarding tiny drawbacks!
- So, kudos to technology for inventing such wonderful things, and as a thank you, I’d like to add, “Dear Technology, keep surprising us!”